Sunday, September 21, 2014

Clayton's 9th Minecraft Birthday Party

It was that time again......birthday planning. So, Clayton decided he wanted a Minecraft themed birthday party this year.  I had no clue about Minecraft, so I search the internet and came up with all kinds of ideas. Here is what the party ended up looking like.  Clayton had three of his friends spend Friday night. Then the party was on Saturday.  I made this large creeper face out of paper squares.  I printed off plain colors and taped them together.  I think each square was 8"x8".


I made a ghast pinata, and filled it with candy. I took a box and wrapped it with copy paper to cover up the words and pictures. Then I made a Elmer's glue and water mixture and used streamer and covered the box. I let it dry and then added the streamers at the bottom.  I used markers to color the face. All of the kids thought it was awesome.


Here is the Minecraft Happy Birthday Banner I made.  I created it in photoshop and printed them out.


First game was Pin the Tail on the Enerdragon. I found this print out online somewhere. 


I found this sign online too! So I printed it off.


I made gift bags for all of the kids. I bought these green bags at Party City and I printed off creeper faces and glued them on the bags. 


TNT!!!  I took a box and printed off some red paper and a TNT logo. This was the box that held the Diet Coke and Mentos activity that we did. 


I found some free printable Minecraft coloring pages online. 


Here is the garage before everyone got there. I hung some balloons and streamers. I found these faces online and put them on the balloons.


Here is the food table.


Clayton wanted me to make Chicken Wings. I made 20 lbs!! I baked them in the oven and placed them in roaster to keep warm. They were delicious, for never making them before.


 I made some mac/cheese and baked beans.


We had a bowl of chips and cheese puffs.  Celery with Ranch or Blue Cheese, Carrots, Pretzels sticks.


Watermelon, Slime Balls (grapes), Torch (pretzels rods with pumpkin spice frosting and red sprinkles)


Fish (gummy fish), Gold, Redstone (strawberries), Coal (blackberries)


 I made some chocolate chip cookies, and some PB&J sandwiches cut into squares.

 I made white cupcakes with cool whip and white chocolate frosting, yummy!  I made the wrappers in photoshop.

I made a giant cupcake for Clayton to eat. He wanted me to make a Squirt cake. And then used a cool whip and vanilla frosting. It was really yummy!! 


For the drinks. I made Creeper Juice, which was green Kool Aid and Sprite. Also had water.

All of the tent signs I made in photoshop.

The next game we played was "Name the Character", that I made in photoshop.

We did three of the diet coke and mentos experiments. The kids really enjoyed that.


Everyone getting ready for pinata.


 Clayton took the first swing.


After if came down........


Present time......


Cake time......


Yum...yum..


After Alec pushed Clayton's face into the cake.  haha


We haven't had all of us cousins together in years.  Chet, Kari, Chad, Me, Ryan. Chad flew in from Seattle.


All of us with Grandma


 All of the kids. Hayden, Alec, Caitlin, Zane, Clayton, Colton, Summer.


 Me and my brother, Ryan.


It was a fun day had by all!!!

Happy Birthday Clayton!!


1 comment:

  1. Clayton's 9th Minecraft Birthday Party was awesome. I am pleased to have a look at these beautiful photos. We have also started the preparations for our son’s rainbow themed party. It is extremely nice theme and we are having fun enjoying the bash. At the local rental spaces for parties it will be organized.

    ReplyDelete